Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thing 20: Games

Currently I don’t play games on my phone (or really my computer either except maybe some Mahjong—I mostly just stick to board games) so I found this thing to be an interesting dive into a whole new realm of digital gaming via mobile. I decided to try Frogger because I wanted a game that was simple enough (Temple Run sounded interesting, but a bit harder) since I’m not real experienced with gaming, but yet I wanted something that would be interesting and fun too. The description likened it to an old arcade game, which I do like, so it piqued my interest enough to try it.

I was a bit disappointed to see that Frogger required an active network connection in order to be able to play since I tend to skip on the data whenever possible (in order to avoid having to pay extra for it), but in a way, I can understand why you would need it. Wi-fi still works for the game, and I have a lot of access to wi-fi between home and work so that's a pretty convenient feature. The game itself is pretty basic which is great for me, but overall, not something I can see myself spending a lot of time with just because I'm not big on games and because while the game is fun, it's not very enthralling.

I can see where people might like to have free games to play (and certainly a lot of people take advantage of it, I know), but it's just not something that personally interests me much (there's a reason paperback books fit perfectly into purses, right??). Fun to check out, but not something I'll be keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment