Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thing 16: Audio

Out of the couple of apps suggested on the 23 Mobile Things website I decided to try Ipadio because it appeared to have a lot of functions that a simpler app such as Audioboo doesn't have. It was quick and easy to install although I was surprised to see I had to register on the application, but that was quick and easy as well. Ipadio gave two options to record –audio and phone—that were easy to use. Recording was as simple as hitting a button or two…the playback feature was also handy as well so I could hear how the recording turned out. I only tried the audio option which worked very smoothly and I was able to make an audio recording. I decided not to try the phone option because I would have had to call a number and I have to pay for minutes on my phone. 

The app has a few settings to play with such as transmitting location as well as whether the app needs a pin to broadcast, but otherwise, is pretty simplistic. There is a nice “how to” tutorial showing how to use the app. There was also an editing function so I could edit my audio casts after I made them and an upload function so I could upload the audio casts directly from the app.

To be honest, I can’t ever see myself using this in my personal life…I just don’t have a need to record audio, however, it would be an app I’d consider if doing something professionally for work just because it is easy to use, and does have a few extra functions that go with it (and a “how to” section so I know how to use those extra functions!). The only downfall is that the phone recording option requires the user to make a call so will be inconvenience for individuals paying for minutes, however, there is an audio function to help avoid that. Overall a nice app!

No comments:

Post a Comment