Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thing 15: Infographics

I was super excited to see that infographics made the list! I started working with infographics in college as I plugged my way through technical communication courses. A few fun afternoons were spent learning about infographics and making one of my one own. Infographics provide a fun, but informative way for people to see information. They are especially good for kids or people who prefer more of a visual learning style. 

I was sad to see that there are limited apps that work with Android (mostly Apple apps). Out of the four apps recommended on the 23 Mobile Things webpage I didn't get a chance to work with any of them because they were either Apple only, weren't compatible with my older version of android or there were a number of people reporting problems getting it to work (i Visual Info Touch Lite being the one) so I decided to skip it. Instead of using one of the recommended ones I decided to search for an Infographics app that would work with my older version of andorid and settled on Daily Infographic. Daily Infographic just launched on May 5, 2014 so I was interested to see how good the app would be, depth of the image library and how well it would work considering it is so new.

While browsing the app I noticed that there was a search option as well as an ability to pick and browse by category. It was nice to be able to flip through the infographics quickly and easily (just side swiping), and download them if I chose to. The infographics I found were very good quality, clear to read through when enlarged, related to relevant topics, and I think this is an excellent app if you are searching for an infographic to use, but can’t seem to find one.

Such fun! A whole afternoon would easily be wasted looking at these fun and intriguing, yet informative graphics Although I'm sad to see that the options are limited for individuals running older android platforms, there are still apps that work and fun Infographics to be explored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment