Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Thing 9: Taking and Editing Photos

One...two...three...say cheese!

With the increase in mobile devices, it seems there has been an uptick in pictures taken (check anyones' phone and you'll see what I'm talking about!). Almost all devices today have at least a basic camera built in for picture/video taking, however, there are many apps that allow you to customize your pictures with frames, stickers, B&W or color effects, words and other flashy options.

I like to take pictures of funny things and it’d be nice to at least be able to crop them if nothing else.

Two off of the list that I decided to try were Aviary and Color Splurge. 

I started off feeling very excited about Color Splurge and so-so about Aviary, however, once I actually started playing with them, my feelings about each reversed.

I started by playing with Color Splurge. I enjoyed being able to play with the B&W vs color portion, however, there are a LOT of ads with this app. I understand it’s free for me to download and use so there has to be some ads, but I usually just like the ones that roll along the bottom instead of the full page, jump out at you, ha-ha we made you click an ad! Types that appear in Color Splurge.

Aviary is great and easy to use and has some of the basics which I found fun to play with (frames, etc.) and didn't have the ads that color splurge did. Cropping, enhancing and effects are easily provided and the user also has the option to pick from different frames and stickers which can be downloaded easily and for free. 

If someone is looking for picture enhancing and editing software on their phone, I'd have to say Aviary is the app to use because of the multitude of features offered as well as the lack of ads in the app. 

Now go take a selfie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment