Monday, February 17, 2014

Thing 6: Creating & Editing Documents

As part of my work, I travel around to several different libraries every week for work. I enjoy this, but it also means that I try to leave a lot of my documents, email, etc. "in the cloud" so I have access to them no matter which location I may be at for the day. While looking through the three suggestions for Thing 6, I must say that I was surprisingly intrigued by all three. Cloud on intrigued me because it was touted as being just like a desktop version meaning it would be very easy for me to pick-up and use. Quick Office looked interesting because it works with your Google Account which means it syncs with Google Drive. I had decided to explore SignNow, but apparently the app only works for Android devices running version 4.0 and up. I run a 2.3 so wasn't able to check out this app as I would have liked. 

In light of this, I decided to explore Quick Office. I was immediately impressed because upon opening the app, it looked very, very similar to Google Drive. As I dug further I could easily find the documents I already have uploaded to Google Drive, view them on my computer and make new documents. Everything syncs with my Google account which means that I can easily view files that are created, or edited from any computer (personal, work, friends), or from my mobile device. I think this is great because it fits extremely well with my "in the cloud" lifestyle and need for documents to be easily accessible no matter where I am at or what device I am using. 

Especially impressive is the fact that one can do documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Font style, color, highlights, and some special symbols can also be adjusted and there is even spell check!


Holy cowabunga, does Quick Office have it all and earns an A++ in regards to ease of use, flexibility, ability to customize, and extra features. Add the fact that everything syncs to your Google account or your SD card and you really couldn't ask for a better app, especially at just the right price –free. 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you found a very helpful, flexible and useful app! Free too!

    ReplyDelete